 Administrative / General / 5571
Re: Is there a right or wrong way to use the vote?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 19:26:46 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Richard Franks writes:

By design the system is hard to abuse - one person one vote, and everybody is
welcome to become a member and vote.

Excellent points. Based on what I am seeing in a different thread right in this
very same group, I am already a bit concerned. Someone went through and rated
posts clearly by whether that person agreed or disagreed.

For instance, if
everyone starts using high-end votes casually then will I have to abandon my
system and sucummb to the race condition?

I agree. BTW, I rated this post an 83. It's got a good beat and you can dance
to it, but there were some minor scansion errors in the lyrics.

PS, I want a "rate and reply" button. That is, let me rate an article and as
part of the same txn with the server, start the reply process.

++Lar