 Administrative / General / 5568
Re: Is there a right or wrong way to use the vote?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 19:27:28 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

On Sun, 26 Mar 2000 19:00:03 GMT, "Richard Franks"
<spontificus@yahoo.com> wrote:

By design the system is hard to abuse - one person one vote, and everybody is
welcome to become a member and vote.

That said, does it defeat the ethos of the system when people start using it to
show a biased opinion, rather than an objective analysis of the 'quality' of
the post? Are they different anyway - if you agree with something then does
that mean you deem it to be more worthwhile, and therefore should be rated
higher?

Hrmmm.... I use the web interface from time to time when it suits my
fancy (twice with Opera today).  I guess I'm going to have to start
taking notice of the rating thing (not that I will participate in it
since I won't be signing in till the pw thing is changed).

I'm kinda curious to see how this works out.  I guess I already do my
own rating/filtering already.  I generally read everything Todd and
Larry write, if I only have a little interest in the topic, then I
tend to branch out from their, hitting a few other people.

Topics I am very interested in I try to read every post, unless it is
by someone who rarely contributes anything worthwhile, so I doubt the
rating thing will affect how I read.

--
Tired of waiting for LEGO Direct? Bulk Parts Sales NOW!
http://www.guarded-inn.com/lego/sales/parts.html