 Administrative / General / 5389
    DYA announcements in lugnet.shopping —Scott Smallbeck
   I am wondering about the clutter that is occuring in lugnet.shopping from the many DYA posts. I really get a lot of value from lugnet.shopping (Just bought a couple of sets from NoodleKidoodle.com) but it was quite a chore sorting through the (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: DYA announcements in lugnet.shopping —Shiri Dori
     (...) Well, there was sort of a disagreement (IIRC) about having them in .b-s-t, which is why Emmanuel decided to move his posts to .shopping. I think the arguements were that DYA is a store and not a privately run business. However, IMHO DYA *does* (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

         Re: DYA announcements in lugnet.shopping —Frank Filz
     (...) Something to compare against is the LEGO Outlet stores. Right now, people list specials available there in shopping. Should the location change if Buffy started posting instead of an individual? If it shouldn't change, does that mean that when (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: DYA announcements in lugnet.shopping —Mike Stanley
   (...) The funny thing is I think the last time people "complained" about this the thought was they should be in .shopping rather than .bst. :) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: DYA announcements in lugnet.shopping —Steve Bliss
   (...) Emmanuel's posts are great--they provide timely information about some good (and sometimes *great*) deals. The community is enhanced by having these posts. I would rather the current situation (Emmanuel posting to .shopping) continue, than (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: DYA announcements in lugnet.shopping —Frank Filz
   (...) I still question why there should be a difference in where something is posted based on who the seller is. Does this mean that I can post to lugnet.market.shopping a list of good looking deals that I noticed on eBay just because I'm not the (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: DYA announcements in lugnet.shopping —Scott Smallbeck
   (...) I agree with the above but to be honest I would not mind DYA's posts in either BST or shopping if the posts were threaded to keep things cleaner. _ _ Scott Smallbeck scotts@contactics.com (24 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)