 Administrative / General / 5394
Re: DYA announcements in lugnet.shopping
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 17:03:51 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:
.shopping is intended for *shoppers* to post about their experiences and
finds, not for sellers to post about their wares.

There should be a different group for commercial sellers who want to
effectively communicate with a large group of LEGO maniacs with money to
spend.
</IMO>

Just for review, the charters of the two groups in question:

lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade:
Community trading post, items wanted, items for straight sale (no
auctions), experiences, market analysis, etc.

lugnet.market.shopping:
Retail, mail-order, and online shopping: information, discussions,
experiences, analysis; FOTW's (Find of the Week), sales, promotions,
coupon offers; LEGO Shop-At-Home Service (phone/flyer specials,
availability, etc.); liquidation outlets, second-hand stores, garage
sale tips, etc.

I still question why there should be a difference in where something is
posted based on who the seller is. Does this mean that I can post to
lugnet.market.shopping a list of good looking deals that I noticed on
eBay just because I'm not the seller? I see nothing in the charter of
lugnet.market.shopping which says only shoppers may post there, and I
know Todd doesn't want me posting a bunch of good eBay deals there.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com