 Administrative / General / 5389
5388  |  5390
Subject:
DYA announcements in lugnet.shopping
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 00:20:00 GMT

I am wondering about the clutter that is occuring in lugnet.shopping from
the many DYA posts.  I really get a lot of value from lugnet.shopping (Just
bought a couple of sets from NoodleKidoodle.com) but it was quite a chore
sorting through the messages from this weekend to find the real shopping
related posts.

I would rather see these types of posts in buy-sell-trade.  They are more of
an 'I have this item for sale' than 'companyxxx has 20% off of xyz'.

I am not saying I do not want companies like DYA to be around.  I have come
close to buying from them several times (FYI to DYA: just another 10% or so
and you'll start getting my business), it just seems that their posts differ
from the majority of those found in the shopping group.

_ _
Scott Smallbeck
scotts@contactics.com