 Administrative / General / 5390
Re: DYA announcements in lugnet.shopping
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 00:44:04 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Smallbeck writes:
I am wondering about the clutter that is occuring in lugnet.shopping from
the many DYA posts.  I really get a lot of value from lugnet.shopping (Just
bought a couple of sets from NoodleKidoodle.com) but it was quite a chore
sorting through the messages from this weekend to find the real shopping
related posts.

I would rather see these types of posts in buy-sell-trade.  They are more of
an 'I have this item for sale' than 'companyxxx has 20% off of xyz'.

Well, there was sort of a disagreement (IIRC) about having them in .b-s-t,
which is why Emmanuel decided to move his posts to .shopping. I think the
arguements were that DYA is a store and not a privately run business.

However, IMHO DYA *does* fit better in b-s-t. Emmanuel announces the sales in
person, and it's very similar to "stores" like Baylit and the like. After all,
Baylit uses a form ordering too. Just because the lego sales in DYA are part
of a larger store... I dunno, it doesn't make it a "shopping" thing to me
either.

DYA is just too unique to be classified, it doesn't fit in the ordinary
definitions of either groups.

-Shiri