 Administrative / General / 4211
  On web news interface, why is the poster's name dark or light?

Just curious. I did several searches on Lugnet and could not find out why sometimes the poster's name appears dark and sometimes light when readin news on the web interface. Theories I checked that did not seem to be correct. 1) Daughter articles (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: On web news interface, why is the poster's name dark or light?

(...) In the "brief" article listings, names are displayed in black if there is a X-Real-Life-Name header contained in the article, otherwise the name is displayed in gray. 99% of the articles in the system have do contain the X-Real-Life-Name (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: On web news interface, why is the poster's name dark or light?

  Re: On web news interface, why is the poster's name dark or light?

(...) Thanks. I know that mine was not an important question, but sometimes my curiosity gets the better of me. Will (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: On web news interface, why is the poster's name dark or light?

(...) i'm glad you asked it, and that it was answered. (thanks, todd!). i'd wondering the same thing myself. later ~ craig~ (24 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: On web news interface, why is the poster's name dark or light?

(...) Hey, me too! Thanks, Richard (F), for pointing this thread out! -Shiri (24 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: On web news interface, why is the poster's name dark or light?

(...) Heh, no problem - I was just too lazy to type a resonse myself ;) One for the FAQ? Richard (24 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: On web news interface, why is the poster's name dark or light?

(...) Uh, whatever... :-) -Shiri (24 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: On web news interface, why is the poster's name dark or light?

(...) Sounds good to me. I've forwarded the message to lugnet.faq Cheers, - jsproat (24 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: On web news interface, why is the poster's name dark or light?

Hey FAQites, Here's one more for then the FAQ mechanism comes on-line. Cheers, - jsproat (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.faq)