 Administrative / General / 4212
Re: On web news interface, why is the poster's name dark or light?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 18:28:51 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Will Middelaer writes:
I did several searches on Lugnet and could not find out why sometimes the
poster's name appears dark and sometimes light when readin news on the web
interface.

In the "brief" article listings, names are displayed in black if there is
a X-Real-Life-Name header contained in the article, otherwise the name is
displayed in gray.

99% of the articles in the system have do contain the X-Real-Life-Name header,
as they have been posted to LUGNET directly, but there are still three legacy
mailing lists that are gatewayed[1] with various newsgroups, and the messages
originating from those mailing lists are typically posted by people who
haven't done the LUGNET news-posting setup for direct posting.  Hence the
graying for those.

--Todd

[1]
ba-lego@cinnamon.com <==> lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf