 Administrative / General / 4116
Re: Posting problem with the web-interface!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2000 05:33:16 GMT

On Sat, 8 Jan 2000 04:45:50 GMT, jasper@janssen.dynip.com (Jasper
Janssen) wrote:

<3882db17.91566531@lugnet.com> <38741821.9B62453@uswest.net>
<38741B3F.F8D3F7F6@voyager.net> <FnwDE9.Eos@lugnet.com>
<FnxEKG.Iz4@lugnet.com> <3874E642.D0715C15@voyager.net>
<Fny09J.L1o@lugnet.com> <Fny956 <slrn87c1ls.klj.mattdm@jadzia.bu.edu>
<FnzMpC.7Eu@lugnet.com> <FnzoAK.Erx@lugnet.com>
<FnzwuA.9BA@lugnet.com> <FnzxCq.BDx@lugnet.com>
<FnzytE.J5I@lugnet.com> <3876b20b.267719492@lugnet.com>

Incidentally... the left-half-of-a-msg-id results when a newsreader,
instead of simply adding a new Reference and it getting chopped off,
deliberately shortens the references: line (as it should..) to remain
well within the 512 char limit.

Guess what newsreader mentioned in the msg-id to the right of that
phenomenon exhibits _exactly_ that behavior by default..

Incidentally, does that msg-id having a hostname that isn't lugnet.com
mean anything? leafnode server? Reverse-DNS to something meaningful?

Jasper