 Administrative / General / 4112
Re: Posting problem with the web-interface!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2000 03:24:50 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Richard Franks writes:
There's a problem replying to
<http://www.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=3378>
while using the interface.. I get:

--
Your message was not accepted.
Response from the news server:

Well, isn't that a fine bunch of potatoes.

Hrmrm.  Here's what shows up in the dead-articles file on the server
(indented with | character)...

<38724152.EC9D21B2@cleanweb.net> <38730C3E.AE35B152@pilot.msu.edu>
<Fnv9B7.H2D@lugnet.com> <387356CD.F163AA7@voyager.net>
<3882db17.91566531@lugnet.com> <38741821.9B62453@uswest.net>
<38741B3F.F8D3F7F6@voyager.net> <FnwDE9.Eos@lugnet.com>
<FnxEKG.Iz4@lugnet.com> <3874E642.D0715C15@voyager.net>
<Fny09J.L1o@lugnet.com> <Fny956 <slrn87c1ls.klj.mattdm@jadzia.bu.edu>
<FnzMpC.7Eu@lugnet.com> <FnzoAK.Erx@lugnet.com>
<38b59d4f.272385451@lugnet.com>

|Subject: Re: Libitarian guff (Was: Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])
|From: "Richard Franks" <spontificus@__nospam__yahoo.com>
|etc...

So it looks like there's a bugaboo somewhere -- possibly related to the
length of the 'References:' header -- where it inserts a bogus blank line
between the 'References:' and the 'Subject:' headers.

First thing I need to find out is whether this extra line is being put there
by the web-client to the NNTP server, or internally by the NNTP server itself
somewhere...

Thanks for reporting this,

--Todd