 Administrative / General / 2824
Re: Kibbles (was: News article snarfing & propagation (was: LEGO Calendar of Events))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 13:06:02 GMT

<snip>

Note: I updated the URL's below to reflect URL changes since Todd posted the
origional message.

I made a little weblog as a technology demonstration.  It starts here and
works backwards:

  http://www.lugnet.com/?p=1999-09-07

I made a top-level entry page too, but I didn't call it "weblog" because the
general population doesn't know what a "weblog" is yet.  So I called it
"kibbles" (it's the first thing that popped into my head!)...

  http://www.lugnet.com/?p=tidbits

I'm headed to bed now, so the 7 Sep 99 entry won't be updated until
tomorrow.  No guarantees that I'll be able to keep this weblog up-to-date,
but it's actually been pretty easy to create and update.  So if people find
it useful, maybe it'll stick around.  Mostly, it's just a technology
demonstration...yet another use for the editing/embedding system.

Todd,

I love the "Tidbits" page.

You say that it is easy to create and update but is this an automated process
or something that you have to maintain on an ongoing basis?  I would seem that
this may become combersome over time if it were not automated.  I don't even
know how it could be automated unless it were just top level "root" messages
but even that would not work all the time (at least using my current thought
processes).

Great work though there is something new all the time and it is all good!

Eric

Remove ".nospam" when replying by E-mail.

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/