 Administrative / General / 2663
Re: Should .dat content be allowed in cad.dev.org.ldraw?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 20:21:26 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, "John VanZwieten" <john_vanzwieten@email.msn.com>
writes:

If we are going to crosspost the parts voting thread to
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, then we should allow .dat content there.  Often
a post about a correction to a part will include a few lines of .dat
content.  A reply of mine was just rejected b/c it was being crossposted
to both groups.

Hmm.  Let's see -- well, according to the .cad.dev.org.ldraw group charter,
it's a "Focused discussion group for the planning and development of the
domain ldraw.org, its website, and related resources."  DAT files are indeed
related resources, but as I understood Tim's original wish for the group,
it's for talking high-level stuff (organization and planning and structure
of www.ldraw.org content), not low-level stuff (individual parts, etc.).