 Administrative / General / 2204
Re: Temporary outage of FAQ work
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 19:42:14 GMT

Robert Munafo wrote:
In lugnet.faq, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
[...] I could e-mail you a
copy, but I choose to not start giving personlay requests as I've been •                                  (1) -----^^^^^^^^^
inundated by them before.
Well then just post it in a message here. If you just sit on the file no-one
can benefit from it. What's the point of that>

Do you want the 293 files that make up the FAQ, or the ZIP file, or the HTML
I generated?  If I post the HTML, no FAQ writers can really benefit; I can't
post the ZIP file; I don't want to post 293 FAQ items, not even the 199 with
answeres, at the moment.

Perhaps you can help me by declaring your intentions.  Do you want to read
the FAQ as a consumer, or do you want to aid in its development?

Another possibility is for Todd to host the ZIP file, etc. on LUGNET in a
temporary location, at least until LUGNET's FAQ-generation scripts are in
place.

Cheers,
- jsproat

1.  I just typed "personlay", didn't I?  Huh huh huh huh I said "lay".  It
must the lack of sleep.  Muts be.

--
Jeremy H. Sproat <jsproat@io.com>
http://www.io.com/~jsproat