 FAQ / 526
Re: Temporary outage of FAQ work
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 19:04:34 GMT

At 01:55 PM 7/13/99 , Robert Munafo wrote:
Okay, I have to take some of this back now. I have actually found some FAQs in
this newsgroup that were posted before I jumped in and started stirring things
up -- the LDraw FAQs. I had ignored them because I had already read the LDraw
FAQ on http://www.ldraw.org and I was mainly looking for FAQs about LUGNET.
(and MindStorms) And now that you've auto-posted everything I no longer have
anything to whine about (-:

Ummm - I would like to have a general idea on the direction of the LDraw
FAQ and how it will eventually be formatted to appear like the rest of the
ldraw.org site.  Is there any set plans on this?

I appreciate all this now. But I was really surprised people spent so much
effort on design and planning at the expense of actually producing content.
It's kind of like spending all your time acquiring and sorting LEGO pieces and
no time actually building models. (-: We've all been there, haven't we?)

Heh - yep :)  I have some sorted buckets of Legos but myself haven't built
very many original models from them.  And yes - the planning....we're still
discussing off and on the structure of the OMR for ldraw.org and producing
few models to fill it up.  But its necessary so it will all fall into place
in the future.

-Tim <><

http://www.zacktron.com

AIM:   timcourtne
ICQ:   23951114

If someone tells you you're worth your weight in gold, fatten up.