 Administrative / General / 13640 (-20)
  Re: Disappearing backslash? (was: parts i'd like to see in Lcad/MLcad)

(...) It doesn't matter whether there is additional text within a double backlash or not: In FTX The first one is used to show the second one. E.g. \ldraw\par\ts\s would become ldraw\parts\s too... -Rene (18 years ago, 1-Aug-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Disappearing backslash? (was: parts i'd like to see in Lcad/MLcad)

(...) In FTX mode, you have to use a double backslash to be guaranteed that it will show up: ldraw\parts\s. I don't know why the single backslash shows up before the s, but not before the p. --Travis (18 years ago, 1-Aug-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Disappearing backslash? (was: parts i'd like to see in Lcad/MLcad)

XFUT lugnet.admin.general (...) This is odd. When viewing my original posting through the web interface, the backslash between 'ldraw' and 'parts' is not displayed. But looking at the raw message, the backslash is actually present. I wonder if this (...) (18 years ago, 1-Aug-06, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  What in the world?!

What in the world are these?! (linked to on the home page) (URL) LEGO + sledgehammer == :( However, the Boba Fett helmet's not breaking is kind of funny. (18 years ago, 26-Jul-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX) !

  Re: Jump.cgi / Firefox Question

(...) Hmmm, well I didnt realise that because even when I have changed the file to the right name, my machine cant/wont play it. Maybe I am missing something when it comes to being able to change the extention. Geek is greek to me! snipped (...) (...) (18 years ago, 25-Jul-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Jump.cgi / Firefox Question

(...) Actually, it IS downloading the movie, just suggesting the wrong filename. (...) It should be possible to adjust the jump.cgi so that instead of: (URL) would be: (URL) would allow FF to save it as the correct name, while still allowing lugnet (...) (18 years ago, 24-Jul-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Jump.cgi / Firefox Question

Curious if this "glitch" can this be fixed or at least explained to me? Often someone posts video clips of a MOC or event and I want to directly save them to my drive. When I want to save a direct link using "save link as" (for example - someone's (...) (18 years ago, 24-Jul-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Fwd: Blogger post failed

(...) Hi Danny, thanks for pointing this out, -Rene (18 years ago, 24-Jul-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Fwd: Blogger post failed

Can someone find out who is doing this and unsubcribe them? I get this every time I validate a lugnet message in robotics. I presume they have subscribed a blogging mail-in or something similar to the group. Danny ---...--- Forwarded message (...) (18 years ago, 24-Jul-06, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: MC7 Mecha Frames for Sale

I realize my opinion will be discounted almost immediately, as it's interfering with a good bitch-fest, but it seems to me that Greg is just asking if people are interested in buying some stuff he'd like to get rid of, where Eric was spraying (...) (18 years ago, 18-Jul-06, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Member "Set Lists"

(...) Oooo! We'd just need an accepted standard schema for set list information! 'Course, you'd have to keep the tab-delimited format around for anyone who's importing straight into Excel or something (which is I think how many people keep their (...) (18 years ago, 17-Jul-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Member "Set Lists"

(...) Good point. Hmm, what if the data was exported in XML... (...) Yea, the nice thing also is that if someone changes a column title, so that your program/script can't find it, your program/script can throw up a warning that apparently the data (...) (18 years ago, 17-Jul-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Member "Set Lists"

(...) I've got a couple scripts that parse that same file, but I never actually parsed the column headers since the column headings were a bit ... odd. They're multi-line and arranged such that they're human-readable, which, when you think about it, (...) (18 years ago, 17-Jul-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Member "Set Lists"

(...) Since there's a text "tab-delimited" version of the list, parsing the HTML to get the data is both wasteful and fragile. As for the idea of using the list titles to adjust for column updates, well, that's not a bad idea :) (18 years ago, 17-Jul-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: (Very) slow authentication of posts?

Hi Anders, you are right, I am not exactly happy about the turnaround time for new posts either, although there are multiple factors leading to the relatively slow posting behavior. You will realize that using email or NNTP for posts usually are (...) (18 years ago, 15-Jul-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: (Very) slow authentication of posts?

(...) Forget that, it just took 5 minutes before the post appeared when authenticated by email. (18 years ago, 15-Jul-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: (Very) slow authentication of posts?

(...) Actually, it was more like 45 seconds, now that I'm measuring. And autenthication by email doesn't seem to work for me, either. (18 years ago, 15-Jul-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: (Very) slow authentication of posts?

(...) Actually it was more like 45 seconds now that I measured! (18 years ago, 15-Jul-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  (Very) slow authentication of posts?

When I make a post (with OE), I receive an email with a link to the authentication page for the message. I click the link and get to this page, no problem so far. Now, when I click 'Yes, I wrote it...' it takes almost 30 seconds before I get the (...) (18 years ago, 15-Jul-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Member "Set Lists"

(...) Added to the Suggestions List! Thanks, Rene (18 years ago, 15-Jul-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact