 Administrative / General / 13636
Re: Jump.cgi / Firefox Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2006 00:58:22 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Dan Boger wrote:
On Mon, Jul 24, 2006 at 11:23:49PM +0000, Janey Cook wrote:

When I want to save a direct link using "save link as" (for example -
someone's posted .mov) from a post on Lugnet while using Firefox as my
browser I'm prompted with a download titled jump.cgi   which of course
is not the movie file I'm attempting to download.

Actually, it IS downloading the movie, just suggesting the wrong
filename.

Hmmm, well I didnt realise that because even when I have changed the file to the
right name, my machine cant/wont play it.  Maybe I am missing something when it
comes to being able to change the extention. Geek is greek to me!

snipped
Maybe we could even
implement it as an apache redirect so that the .cgi wouldn't even need
to be spawned.

We shall see.

Well thanks for addressing this Dan, and if it can be changed without much
effort, great, if not, dont bother, I was mostly just curious and confused (but
that happens often, wink)

Thanks,

Janey "Red Brick"