 Administrative / General / 13125
Re: Some advice, please
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 25 Jul 2005 19:41:17 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
Should I continue in my role as curator given that Suz has publically rebuked
me and my idea of how Lugnet should be run?  I feel like the owners of Lugnet
have spoken against me, and that it is my place to remove myself from their
house. Is that over-reacting?

I think one big problem people have is letting their vindictive emotions govern
their actions. The policy of "an eye for an eye" is really unnecessary, IMHO.

I once was involved with a Lego project where there were some sparks flying.
After everything had cooled down, someone asked me "Do you think anyone doesn't
want to do X because they don't want to work with you specifically?". I was
taken totally off-guard by even being asked. My instinct is always that if it's
important, then that emotional bit is a non-issue. Lugnet's important enough for
me to look past any personal issues (which, I guess I don't really feel like I
have anyway, personally) and help anyway.

If Lugnet isn't a big deal to you, then it doesn't really make sense for you to
keep helping if it's just an emotional battle. But if it IS important to you,
then it's time to look beyond the anger and focus on the issues.

DaveE