 Administrative / General / 13120
Re: Some advice, please
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 25 Jul 2005 11:27:51 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   I’ve been following Suz’s Lugnet Livejournal. I’m sure everyone knows, but I have a bit of interest in the future of Lugnet, so I’m quite a bit uneasy when I hear things about Lugnet being turned off or going away.

In this reply , Suz suggests that I have been willfully misunderstanding her. She also suggests that I start my own site and run it how I want. Personally, I feel like this is a bit of an insult, but what concerns me at this moment is how does this affect my relationship with Lugnet?

Should I continue in my role as curator given that Suz has publically rebuked me and my idea of how Lugnet should be run? I feel like the owners of Lugnet have spoken against me, and that it is my place to remove myself from their house. Is that over-reacting?

If it is over-reacting, then what is the proper course? I’ve been voicing my concerns and asking what I think are important questions. Should I stop doing that? Should I change my tactic to one of purely asking for clarification? It seems to me that if I am to shut-up in regards to Lugnet, then I should also stop doing working for Lugnet - hence I should resign my position as curator.

What do you guys think? Am I missing something big here (and if so, then what?)?

-Lenny

Lenny, if they want you gone, they’ll say so. If you want to go, then do so- but not over this. LUGNet needs strength and determination right now, not an ever-widening spiral of anger and hurt feelings.

Tim (Smith)