 Administrative / General / 13128
Re: Some advice, please
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 26 Jul 2005 15:58:05 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
I'm sure everyone knows, but I have a bit of interest
in the future of Lugnet, so I'm quite a bit uneasy when I hear things about
Lugnet being turned off or going away.
Personally, I
feel like this is a bit of an insult, but what concerns me at this moment is
how does this affect my relationship with Lugnet?

Should I continue in my role as curator given that Suz has publically rebuked
me and my idea of how Lugnet should be run?  I feel like the owners of Lugnet
have spoken against me, and that it is my place to remove myself from their
house. Is that over-reacting?

If it is over-reacting, then what is the proper course?  I've been voicing my
concerns and asking what I think are important questions.  Should I stop
doing that?  Should I change my tactic to one of purely asking for
clarification?  It seems to me that if I am to shut-up in regards to Lugnet,
then I should also stop doing working for Lugnet - hence I should resign my
position as curator.

What do you guys think?  Am I missing something big here (and if so, then
what?)?

-Lenny

Lenny,
     As more of an observer than participator for some time now, please
understand that I mean this in a kind and non-personal way:
     Dude, you tend to overreact.  Please relax a little more, and try not to
stress too much.  Nobody wants you gone.
     For me there have been many examples; the off-site slam against ++Lar and
the unrest with Admins are just two examples that come to mind right now.  But
something I've noticed is a tendency to blow things a little out of proportion,
then issue a statement (like 'I quit') that you later come back to retract.
     This is OK...people are all different in how they deal with change and
stress, and there's no right way.  But I think you'll have fewer headaches if
many times you wait before posting; don't let the heat of the moment spoil for
you a community that is obviously important to you.  Relax.  Don't let something
become personal.
     You can't please all of the people all of the time, but you can please some
of the people some of the time.  In any community, that's all you can really
expect.
     Peace, Buddy.  Play Well.  Have Fun.  Don't give in to the power of the
Dark Side.

Peace and Long Life,
Tony Alexander