 Administrative / General / 13075 (-10)
  Re: Dear NNTP users,

I only use NNTP for Lugnet. As other hobbies I have had have moved to BBs, I have trailed off of them. I *highly* prefer NNTP and email to anything else, as I can download when I want and read offline (not that I'm ever really offline). I just won't (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: (><)

(...) I think there must be a wrap_the_post() funcrion somewhere in there that does the wrapping when you post from your browser. (...) Mozilla does seem to handle the preview differently from IE. But even though it puts extra line breaks in the (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Dear NNTP users,

(...) I've been following several dutch newsgroups, mostly Linux/hardware related for years. Used to subscribe to other groups too but those died out when webboards came or were ruined by one or two loudmouths. (...) I've been using KDE's akregator (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: (><)

(...) I have to admit I've had my own share of difficulty with this. The worst part seems to be that it's random. Using Mozilla, I hit "preview" on a post, and occasionally, it wraps text very oddly. Then, without changing anything, I'll hit (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  (><)

okay, I'm annoyed now. Why is this coming up as one long line in the LUGNET web interface? (URL) always just felt too stupid to ask about it, but my misery has gone on too long, and I've tried altering many variables. So, why is it that whenever I (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Dear NNTP users,

For those of you using newsreaders, I have a few questions. I'm curious: what other sorts of stuff do you follow via newsreader? Anything cool? Are there many things you've been forced to switch to viewing other ways? How do you follow rss feeds? Is (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LUGNet shut off

(...) Heh. Thankfully, I haven't "Had it!" yet, so there's been no temptation for rash action. (^^) But, we will see how it goes. (...) LOL! This *is* insane, isn't it? Ghad, and my brother is David, and my father was Dave! So many wonderful Daves (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Random thought of the day

(...) Yeahh, I knooow :-( ...sigh. (...) LOL. I just now saw this in the web browser. Very cute and warms my heart. :-) -Suz (19 years ago, 19-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: LUGNet shut off

(...) I, for one, endorse immediate, full-blown hysteria. All this reasonable analysis misses a golden opportunity for us to run around like headless chickens. (...) IMO you’d be within your rights, even if it would ruffle some feathers, to say (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: LUGNet shut off

(...) I am still struggling with the timing. I'm relieved that there has been no rush of panic! Here's what I'm thinking at the moment... For my own sanity, it seems reasonable that a rough course of action be decided upon by Aug 1. That is to say, (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact