 Administrative / General / 12942
Re: This is ridiculous
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 1 May 2005 06:27:38 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Terry Prosper wrote:
Hello

I just saw 4 posts from the same person in the Top Stories, all posts were 5
hours old and had receive 0 or 1 human recommendation.  They all talk about
pneumatics, which usually interests only a small percentage of the AFOLs, not
because it's ont interesting, but because it's more complicated.  Anyway, this
isn't about Kevin, who posted these, he has every right to post as many messages
about pneumatics or any matter.  This is about the Top Stories section.

Yeah, I saw that too.

I know there's been a lot of talks recently about what should be in there, how
it should work, etc, but we have to act fast, because we now have the perfect
example to prove that the Top Stories rating system is simply bad.

Fat chance of that ever happening!  When was the last time someone fixed
anything in Lugnet's software?  But I agree, the Top Stories thing is pretty
messed up.

I think it's probably a problem that could be fixed if people would just vote
for posts more often.  If everyone spotlighted everything they thought was cool,
the Top Stories should behave better.

Again, please don't think this has anything to do with Kevin or pneumatics. It's
solely about the Top Stories rating system.  I suggest we can't highlight or
spotlight our own posts.  I laso suggest that the softener should be heavier to
prevent a post from being in the top stories with only one recommendation.

Terry

So spotlight some other post that you like.