 Administrative / General / 12889
    Re: Posting Policy Changes —Jeff Stembel
   (...) First, thank you for approving the change. Perhaps automation is in order for this, if at least for paid members? Maybe assign the duty of checking for this type of thing to a specific person? I find it rather odd I can change my posting setup (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Posting Policy Changes —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) We've had a lot of trouble with spoofed IDs, and also with emails that were not possible to spam decode, or not possible for LUGNET itself to parse properly, which is not really related to whether someone has made a donation or not. Todd took (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Posting Policy Changes —Jeff Stembel
   (...) I am well aware of the issues in the past that molded the current shape of posting procedures; I was here at the time if you recall. However, they are in the past. I felt they were too extreme then and are too extreme now. However, I wouldn't (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

        Re: Posting Policy Changes —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) What address did you mail? We have been having technical problems with some addresses. if it was actually feedback (at) ... then ya, that may not go anywhere other than the owner. Per this page (URL) it's not really the right place for (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Posting Policy Changes —Duane Hess
     In lugnet.admin.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote: ... (...) Wow! I had to search around even to find that feedback address. Since I rarely visit the front page (it's pretty much useless IMO) I never would have found it tucked away down at the bottom (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

         Re: Posting Policy Changes —Duane Hess
     (...) OK, I scrolled down a bit farther and there it is at the bottom of every page. I bet I haven't paid attention to the stuff down there since Clinton was in office... -Duane (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

        Re: Posting Policy Changes —Mark Riley
     (...) I recently had some posting trouble and emailed both the feedback@ and admin@ addresses. Didn't get any replies, but thankfully a few days later my problem was solved (perhaps because of the changes Dan Boger was implementing - thanks!). (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

         Re: Posting Policy Changes —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) Good suggestion. XFUT to admin.suggestions Please feel free to XFUT any others from this string that seem like they ought to be suggestions as well. (19 years ago, 26-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

        Re: Posting Policy Changes —Jeff Stembel
   (...) Well, considering there weren't any addresses listed around the posting setup pages and that was on the bottom of every page, I couldn't think of any better options at the time. I almost never visit the front pages of the newsgroups, so I'm (...) (19 years ago, 26-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)