 Administrative / General / 12861
  Re: Badgering emails

(...) I agree. I'd give it high priority once coding resumes in a major way, but it's not there yet. (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Badgering emails

(...) I think this is the biggest issue here. The Admins have been trying to operate on a boat that is either malfunctioning or in the process of being fixed. There is all sorts of "you should do this or that" - they'd love to, but they can't RIGHT (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Badgering emails

(...) Why not? Why can't we switch to the new servers? AFAIK the domain issue has been resolved? (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Badgering emails

(...) There are more issues that just switching to a new server. For example, Lugnet runs on perl, and many of these automatic-emails would need to be produced by php coding or what have you. Code that needs to be written. Server switch is step one. (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Badgering emails

(...) Um, huh? Why in the world would we NEED to do anything in PHP? And even if we did, what's the issue? But aside from that, if the Server Switch is step one, let's take it! (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Badgering emails

(...) In lugnet.admin.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote: (...) I don't understand -- how is requiring admins to use their @lugnet.com address to send official email dependent on server changes? We aren't talking about switching addresses for posting to (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Badgering emails

(...) Please forgive my lack of webknowledge. You KNOW I'm a WEBTARD!! We've been over it before ;) Lugnet, right now as I understand it, cannot handle items like automated emails and whatnot. I've had quite a few ideas for upgrading content stuff (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Badgering emails

(...) nm, I read further down the thread and found my answer. (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Badgering emails

(...) We love you anyway :) (...) I would disagree with that though. Not to mention the server sends emails all the time - news-by-mail, auth emails, etc? (...) Ah, that's what I thrive on :) Perhaps one of the other admins knows? Can find out? (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Email Setups (was: Re: Badgering emails)

(...) I think this issue can be boiled down to: 1. Official LUGNET email messages need to come from "*@lugnet.com" reply-to. Resolution: Each admin sets reply-to in their email client. Timeframe: Immediate. 2. To avoid spamblockers and spoof (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)