 Administrative / General / 12744
    Re: Legends of Todd —Leonard Hoffman
   (...) Isn't it possible for people to discuss something even if it is currently being implemented? Or is it the point that something should be submitted to the community before implementation just for the sake of it? In which case, does the (...) (19 years ago, 21-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Legends of Todd —Marc Nelson Jr.
     (...) Not if the policy being implemented has the effect of inhibiting discussion or making that discussion irrelevant. Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (19 years ago, 21-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

         Re: Legends of Todd —Leonard Hoffman
     (...) I'm sorry Marc, but the idea of Admins inhibiting discussion on Lugnet is laughable. When have we ever done that or attempted to do that? Admins cannot force edits or cancels - but can only do so when requested by a member. And if the (...) (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

        Re: Legends of Todd —Orion Pobursky
   (...) In my opinion, no, especially if the implementation directly affect those whould would discuss it. For example: The club you belong to forms a committee to review the dress code. It just so happens (by coincidenece) that everyone on the (...) (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Legends of Todd —Leonard Hoffman
   (...) To me, "abiding by the unfair ban while arguing with the committee" is a worthwhile thing to do. Since, this might happen even if the policy is submitted to the membership. TO use your example - what if you are gone on the day the ban is (...) (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Legends of Todd —Tony Alexander
   (...) Using an example from our history, Rosa Parks sat where she dam-well pleased; had she abided, things would be much different now. Free expression of ideas has for some time now been stifled on LUGNET - Opposing viewpoints, regardless of (...) (19 years ago, 23-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Legends of Todd —Leonard Hoffman
   (...) Rosa Parks did what she did because the establishment was not interested in hearing her voice. Lugnet Admins, on the other hand, have always be interested in hearing the voices of all members and users of Lugnet. I don't see the need for civil (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Legends of Todd —Tony Alexander
   (...) Again, I'm at work, and can't give this better attention until tonight if I get the chance, but: While this may be true in theory, it seems that many here **think** that the establishment is not interested in their opinions, and may feel (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)