 Administrative / General / 12475 (-20)
  Re: wish's

(...) By the way, I don't mean to imply that the line isn't ever arbitrary. Maybe sometimes it is -- unintentionally, of course. This is something that needs wringing out. --Todd (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Suspension of Chris Magno and Terry P

(...) I have another question Todd: If an admin has their posting privileges suspended, do they still have input on decisions about other member's posting privs? ROSCO (16 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: wish's

(...) Wow, that was more than I was expecting. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and for being candid. (...) I think you are definitely onto something here, in that perceptions are that the line is sometimes set arbitrarily. I don't (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Issue regarding Moderation of Folders

(...) That is a tough one...from past experience BS questions [1] are usually posted in lugnet.publish--but you're right, there is no clear place to post them. (...) I've heard a rumor (and I don't have the specifics on this) that video clips aren't (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) Todd, Thanks for the reply. I was referring to all involved in these recent threads. Thanks for checking. I was not suggesting that the folks in this thread have their posting priveleges suspended, but rather we each voluntarily suspend (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Suspension of Chris Magno and Terry P

(...) Sage advice. (...) You raise a good point there. In the future this needs to be taken under advisement if things become personal for whatever reason. (...) You ask a lot of good, tough questions in this post, and these being discussed in the (...) (16 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) By *all* do you really mean all? As in shutting the discussion groups down for a period of time? That would be awfully unfair to innocent bystanders. Or do you mean all involved in these recent threads? (...) Well, Larry himself has said that (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  (canceled)

  Issue regarding Moderation of Folders

Hi all, (Uh, I couldn't post in lugnet.announce.brickshelf, so I have no idea where else to post this. Hrm...) A few weeks ago, I started an account on Brickshelf to display some of my projects. About half of them have videoclips in them. Within an (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) Hi Kevin, I'll be the first to say that Larry has a legitimate gripe. The question is, can Lenny bring the very offending action in JLUG to lugnet, and then punish Chris on lugnet for the offense? Lenny's justification for "indefinitly (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: wish's

(...) Hi Todd, Here's why I see that certain administrators are hurting Lugnet: They're operating in the shadows and there's no transparency to the process. The rules aren't clearly defined, so there's a lot of murkiness as to how they operate. (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

Iain Hendry wrote in message ... (...) out of (...) work (...) To make the parallel true, though, the porn would have to name or otherwise specifically involve either your boss or a co-worker, and name your place of work (as Chris's post on JLUG (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) I would have to agree, although, if it were my board (thank goodness it isn't) I'd probably have ended up banning a couple of folks for a while (myself included, I do seem to have some bad days).... But as I've said before.. not my pond. (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Suspension of Chris Magno and Terry P

(...) Lenny, Given the new information about that the contest was not created on lugnet, and the fact that news of the contest was not brought to lugnet by Chris, I decided to reread the articles you cited for justifying Chris' "indefinite (...) (16 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX) !

  Re: Lugnet should be MORE draconian

(...) Yes, it did. Thank you for taking the time. M (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) No, the primary reason will be said to be the original "Wish's" (sic) post. The justification is weak, as others have pointed out, because there are other examples of others who have put that sort of sentiment out but they haven't been timed (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) Well done Joseph. Seriously. Thank you. This new information brings up an interesting twist and question, but first I will adamntly say that what Chris did was wrong, in any forum. If Chris did the contest completely outside of lugnet, and a (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) I wasn't going to get involved with this, at all, but now I just can't resist. This is just like if, say, I did porn. Hypothetically. In my own time, out of working hours. And then my work found out about it because someone at my work saw a (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) Ok, then I tender my apologies to Chris regarding the posting on Lugnet of the link to the contest. (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: In support of Larry

(...) Look at it from the realistic side. The more exposure you have, the more chances something you wrote will upset someone else. Ever since I joined the community, Larry has consistantly been the most active participant here on Lugnet. This and (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.people)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact