 Administrative / General / 12472
Re: Issue regarding Moderation of Folders
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 4 Mar 2005 22:31:59 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Iain Hendry wrote:
Hi all,

(Uh, I couldn't post in lugnet.announce.brickshelf, so I have no idea where else
to post this.  Hrm...)

That is a tough one...from past experience BS questions [1] are usually posted
in lugnet.publish--but you're right, there is no clear place to post them.

A few weeks ago, I started an account on Brickshelf to display some of my
projects.  About half of them have videoclips in them.

Within an hour, most of the folders containing only photographs were moderated
and available, and some of the ones with videoclips were, too.  But the ones
that have videoclips in them still haven't been moderated.

Someone had suggested to me that folders with videos take longer to moderate-
but I don't quite understand how about half of the folders that do have videos,
were moderated very quickly.

I've heard a rumor (and I don't have the specifics on this) that video clips
aren't always available for download on BS because of the bandwidth they take
up. I'm not sure between what hours that occurs, but someone else might know.

-Tim

[1] As opposed to BS answers