 Administrative / General / 12465 (-20)
  Re: wish's

(...) Hi Todd, Here's why I see that certain administrators are hurting Lugnet: They're operating in the shadows and there's no transparency to the process. The rules aren't clearly defined, so there's a lot of murkiness as to how they operate. (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

Iain Hendry wrote in message ... (...) out of (...) work (...) To make the parallel true, though, the porn would have to name or otherwise specifically involve either your boss or a co-worker, and name your place of work (as Chris's post on JLUG (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) I would have to agree, although, if it were my board (thank goodness it isn't) I'd probably have ended up banning a couple of folks for a while (myself included, I do seem to have some bad days).... But as I've said before.. not my pond. (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Suspension of Chris Magno and Terry P

(...) Lenny, Given the new information about that the contest was not created on lugnet, and the fact that news of the contest was not brought to lugnet by Chris, I decided to reread the articles you cited for justifying Chris' "indefinite (...) (16 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX) !

  Re: Lugnet should be MORE draconian

(...) Yes, it did. Thank you for taking the time. M (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) No, the primary reason will be said to be the original "Wish's" (sic) post. The justification is weak, as others have pointed out, because there are other examples of others who have put that sort of sentiment out but they haven't been timed (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) Well done Joseph. Seriously. Thank you. This new information brings up an interesting twist and question, but first I will adamntly say that what Chris did was wrong, in any forum. If Chris did the contest completely outside of lugnet, and a (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) I wasn't going to get involved with this, at all, but now I just can't resist. This is just like if, say, I did porn. Hypothetically. In my own time, out of working hours. And then my work found out about it because someone at my work saw a (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) Ok, then I tender my apologies to Chris regarding the posting on Lugnet of the link to the contest. (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: In support of Larry

(...) Look at it from the realistic side. The more exposure you have, the more chances something you wrote will upset someone else. Ever since I joined the community, Larry has consistantly been the most active participant here on Lugnet. This and (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: Do you think Lugnet Admin is a good job match for Larry?

(...) it bad style). It seems some people are here more for the *discussion* than for the *subject of discussion* (Lego). If I were you, I'd remove that poll ASAP, and publish an apology. Your way is not the right one for calming a stormy sea. (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: In support of Larry

(...) I can agree with you that the level of communication has been rather low. In fact I'm almost getting withdrawal symptoms, as the 'signal-to-fight' ratio has gone so low. I *know* that Larry has done, and does, a *lot* of good work for the (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) Just to clarify, it was Lenny, in (URL) that posted the link here in lugnet, not Chris. -Rob A> (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: In support of Larry

(...) Now there's the pot calling the kettle black... :P Rob (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) Ok, Ok, I'll stop ragging on that one.. I just thought the phrase ' condensing and rude attitudes' was too hilarious to ignore... I'm sorry , I still can't think it without laughing. (...) Ok, I will acceed this point. True (...) True, I (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Pile-On

Since we're airing our grievances, here are My Top Ten Gripes About Larry Pieniazek 10. Bogarted the nachos 9. Constantly showcases his exhaustive knowledge of “Growing Pains” trivia 8. Can’t seem to come up with an English word rhyming with “month” (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

In lugnet.admin.general, Joseph Greene wrote: <snip> (...) And I'll say that there's a history shared between Larry and Chris that not all of us are privvy to. I know Chirs, and he wouldn't have done this out of some quick 'off-the-cuff' "I'm bored (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) Greg, please be assured, that I did not believe for a moment that all of rtlToronto was in agreement on this. I simply meant to imply the group of those who did encourage and donate to the spiteful cause. (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) This was meant as a Jibe. (...) While it is true that he has canceled the contest, the very creation of such a vicious attack shows, IMHO, a distinctly closed minded and petty mindset. I do acknowledge that he canceled the contest, but only at (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Poll: Do you think Lugnet Admin is a good job match for Larry?

(...) I'd call a cheap shot. It's not up to us to say how LUGNET is supposed to be run.... there are rules, and in the case this no doubt relates to, the rules were followed to the T. If people can't deal with the rules they should pick up their (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact