 Administrative / General / 12225 (-10)
  Re: who does chris think he is?

(...) HI Scott. I have to say; i have met MORE people here recently than I have in a very long time. YES. I have Kids. www.themagnofamily.com When I get to that bridge, my intention is to teach my kids something about "right time, right place." (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Problems with Lugnet and Peeron

(...) Hi and thank you, makes sence for me :-) (...) What about hop #11 = timeout ? (...) Curious, it says nothing in the status line when I'm waiting :-( What you mean with "connecting" could be here "Suchen der Seite (URL)", translated "Searching (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Problems with Lugnet and Peeron

(...) XFUTting to .admin.general, seems more appropriate. (...) From your traceroutes, I can't see anything really wrong - 150ms round trip should be quite reasonable. Not sure why it's taking you so long to connect though. Especially since once (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Apologies (was Re: Timeout

(...) Larry, if you're so busy dealing with Lugnet issues (URL) I would suggest the quickest resolution would be to just apologise "to anyone that may be offended" in the original thread. ROSCO (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: who does chris think he is?

(snip) Chris, do you have kids? If so, do you let them swear and curse anywhere they choose? I think you realize that the censorship really has more to do with being decent than anything else. As Lugnet tries to be a place that is friendly to all, (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Apologies (was Re: Timeout

(...) (some, but apparently not all) (...) I'm sorry that some members of NILTC took offense at my joke. In particular, Ondrew, I am sorry that you took offense. It is regrettable. I may not necessarily think it's reasonable to take offense so, but (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Laying smack (was Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company

(...) (or put "this is a repost with some content changed" when reposting things... just like Calum did) (...) Please don't lay any smack down on JoJo for reposting, after cleaning up the quoted text that got him a timeout. Lay it on me, instead, (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Timeout (was Re: "Some pigs...")

(...) "On behalf" is different than being a representative of the club. I know through personal communications that Tim Courtney was not offended by Lar's post. I'm still curious about how the club feels. (...) I hope you realize that the Admins (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Timeout (was Re: "Some pigs...")

(...) I have refrained from entering this "discussion" but I feel I need to insert my .02 and then back out again. Here is the deal: Ken's announcement was the joke; Larry only had the hubris to point it out. Whoever wrote the announcement, while (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Previously disclosed?

(...) For reference, some people may be interested in this post: (URL) That's either Ken disclosing he works in a "LEGO store", or it's a ToS violation, someone else (presumably his wife) is posting under his ID saying SHE works in a "LEGO store". (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact