 Administrative / General / 12224
Re: Problems with Lugnet and Peeron
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 22:26:54 GMT

In lugnet.general, Dan Boger wrote:
In lugnet.general, Ronald Borchert wrote:
I didn't find a better group, so I post it here:

XFUTting to .admin.general, seems more appropriate.

Hi and thank you, makes sence for me :-)

I have problems reaching www.lugnet.com and www.peeron.com.

From your traceroutes, I can't see anything really wrong - 150ms round trip
should be quite reasonable.

What about hop #11 = timeout ?

Not sure why it's taking you so long to connect
though.  Especially since once you're getting a page, the connection should stay
open for a little longer, so you don't have to reconnect for every page.

When you're waiting those 10 seconds, is it saying it's "connecting" or
"transferring data"?

Curious, it says nothing in the status line when I'm waiting :-(

What you mean with "connecting" could be here "Suchen der Seite (URL)",
translated "Searching for site (URL)". This appears only sometimes for a short
time when I come to a site after having not been there for a longer time.

Then for milliseconds I see "Site (URL) will be opened" (just translated from my
german IE6) this could be the same as "transferring data" and than "ready".

When looking at a big inv at peeron (I tried #5571 with pics) "Site (URL) will
be opened" stays much longer while all the pics are loading.

I think, there's a problem at hop #11

Regards Ronald