 Administrative / General / 12182
Re: The whole story?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 23 Jan 2005 18:01:51 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Ken Nagel wrote:

<snip>

That's a whole another topic. There's a long list of "usuall suspects" that
seek to turn everything into a debate. Had Ben been granted a simple request
to post a petition there would have been no great disruption. He was
immidiatly jumpped on by those that turned it into an out right war. If you
want to fix the problem it may be time to lopp off some of the debate forums
and return the place to LEGO usage,

Ken

Selective interpretation--I posted that I wasn't in favour of his petition and
left it there, as did others.  The debate started when people rightlypointed out
the fallacies (misrepresenting in the english translation ans coming from all
AOL's).

Furthermore, if Ben has the right to post his petition, others have the right to
point out that, by the very wording in the petition, this petition has the
potential of embittering the relationship between the AFOL community and TLC.

And why, for the love of all things, could any AFOL possibly have a problem with
that?  Yeah, we should sit back and shut up whilst supposedly 'well meaning'
people cause further grief between us and TLC.

How about you return to LEGO  usage and cut us all some slack.  You're
misinterpretation of the facts regarding the 10152, the misinterpretation of
Larry's post, and now telling us what we can and cannot debate about becaouse
you don't like waht is being stated, have made it obvious to me that you have
lost perspective with regards to our chosen hobby.

Dave K
-no one should ever talk to Suz that way.