 Administrative / General / 12155
Re: The whole story?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2005 22:15:03 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Suzanne Rich Green wrote:

   You are pathetic. ... ...you are the pompus one that posted it in the first place.

wow, I guess I’ve been away for a while.

I’m not even following this thread - I read only Lar’s and this one. But it’s enough for me to see that there’s rudeness being flung toward those who deserve the community’s respect.

This is directed at no one in particular, and all I can do is request it, but:

While people may disagree with Lar, or even hate him, he deserves respect. Not the kind you’d have to ponder about. I mean the kind that automaticly makes someone bite their tongue when a grandfather says something we don’t like.

This is what I thought at the onset of the problem. I thought just because his name was every where in the community he was to be respected. From talking to others I’ve found out I was wrong. Respect is earned not granted because one is there.

   Todd and I have put Lar (and others) forward as someone who can help us, and he does so with an enormous amount of thankless effort. His time is valuble to all of us.

The whole thread would not have occured if Larry had chosen to appologize to the library and NILTC or if the administrators had responded and policed their own. At this point I’m not sure what to tell you because he insists on digging a deeper hole.

   In the past two weeks, I’ve been upset to see (behind the scenes) how much discussion time has been required to keep LUGNET a peaceful place. Please, please, everyone keep your noses clean and return your focus to LEGO Usage.

That’s a whole another topic. There’s a long list of “usuall suspects” that seek to turn everything into a debate. Had Ben been granted a simple request to post a petition there would have been no great disruption. He was immidiatly jumpped on by those that turned it into an out right war. If you want to fix the problem it may be time to lopp off some of the debate forums and return the place to LEGO usage,

Ken