 Administrative / General / 12137
Re: "fired"?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2005 04:31:54 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Ken Nagel wrote:
I'm not a paying member. The quote is exact. It just demonstrates the
ignorance of those making the decisions.

I guess I have to totally agree. Although admittedly I don't see why there's a
beef with Larry. I'm not sure he acted inappropriately in any way-- Just those
at Lego.

As a part time bottom of the barrel nothing I still signed a non-disclosure
agreement at the time of hire. They are parinoid latly due to things being
leaked. However there's nothing in my posts that didn't come from internet
sources. However when it was posted that I was an employee the flag went up
and that was that. I was told it came straight from the legal dept.

Do you think this comes out of your recent color/Maersk debate, and not the
"Legos" statement? I'd be curious to know on what grounds they fired you-- that
is if there was anything in the non-disclosure document that gave them grounds
to terminate your employment in the event that you posted something negative or
"unbefitting Lego employee behavior" or some such.

As for lawsuits, If I have any inside information it is that Lego managment
really isn't that bright. My last manager (who also just got fired) tried to
fire me because I was called away on military duty.

Huh. That's also pretty dumb. I'm happy at least that you said "tried to fire",
the impression being that they DIDN'T, thankfully. But still, unless there was
something less-standard in what you signed when you were hired, it sounds like
they really don't have grounds for firing you. Is someone from Lego-Legal
watching over our shoulders here at Lugnet? If so, would they like to explain
why this happened? [holds breath for response]

DaveE