 Administrative / General / 12146
Re: "fired"?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2005 20:01:47 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Ken Nagel wrote:
I wasn't trying to keep it a secret however it wasn't up to a Lugnet
administrator to violate the TOU and raise it up the flag pole.

This seems a bit misplaced... How did Larry violate the TOU? By bringing up your
employment? By correcting the library's wording? By saying that he didn't think
you were the one responsible for the wording? For a few grammar and spelling
mistakes? I admit it's been a while since I went through the TOU point for
point, but I can't think of anything wrong with the post in question. If you're
referring to the possibility of personal attack, that doesn't violate the TOU,
just the newly adopted policy.

Larry does admittedly sometimes engage in what can be construed as personal
attacks. Heck, he's not the only Lugnet Transition Team member to walk close to
the line. But I don't think this was one of those instances. Nor do I think I've
seen any LTT member cross that line. (At least not since the announcement of the
policy-- I guess I can think of a couple way back in the past) I think Larry's
post was more in amusement at the fact that the library got the "Legos" part
wrong twice, but managed to keep the '®' correct 4 times.

DaveE