 Administrative / General / 12140
Re: "fired"?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2005 16:44:22 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, David Eaton wrote:

Do you think this comes out of your recent color/Maersk debate, and not the
"Legos" statement? I'd be curious to know on what grounds they fired you-- that
is if there was anything in the non-disclosure document that gave them grounds
to terminate your employment in the event that you posted something negative or
"unbefitting Lego employee behavior" or some such.

I was directly involved in the Maersk debate with Mr. Nagel, including a post
where he accused his employer of lying to the public:

http://news.lugnet.com/lego/?n=3015

That was the first thing that came to mind when I started reading this thread.

At the time, had I known that Mr. Nagel was an employee of Lego Retail, I might
have tried to warn him privately against postings like this. I'm not fond of
seeing people fired, even if they are behaving rather foolishly. Most companies
simply won't tolerate slanderous public remarks by their employees.

However it now appears that Mr. Nagel thought he could keep his Lego employment
a secret while trashing the actions of TLC at almost every opportunity here on
Lugnet. Obviously it backfired, and under those circumstances it's really hard
for me to feel any sympathy for him.

Spencer