 Administrative / General / 12129
Re: "fired"?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2005 03:43:57 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Ken Nagel wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, David Gregory wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Ken Nagel wrote:
Taking care of the stock room and sweeping the floor once or twice a week
doesn’t qualify me as an insider. I find my information the same place most
of you do; through the internet. However, since this "administrator"
decided to raise that flag I was fired "for being a member of "that" AFOL
web site".

Maybe I'm not reading this right--you were fired for being a member of
LUGNET?! I hope I'm just misunderstanding the sentence, because that seems
pretty harsh.

You read it right.-Ken

I'm still confused.

You were fired from your job as a Lego employee because you posted to Lugnet?
Because you're a paying member? Because you posted something that contained the
word "Legos"? Because Larry reported the fact that you posted using the word
"Legos"? Because Larry actually went out of his way to tell your manager
personally that you had posted saying "Legos"?

If *any* of the above are true, that's grounds for a lawsuit. I would bring this
up to the head of Lego Retail, because clearly, unless you signed something
waiving your right to post things of that nature on Lugnet, they're
discriminating based on something you did in your personal life that's well
within your rights.

DaveE