 Administrative / General / 1209
Re: Localities groups for New York City
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 1999 19:50:06 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Dragonelf1@aol.com (Jeff Stembel) writes:
Of course Virginia gets a local group for D.C. suburbs, but not Maryland.
Do I detect a state preference here?  ;)  But seriously, I would like to
see a Local group for D.C.'s Northern suberbs, as they stretch up to
Fredrick (an hour and a half from me in Silver Spring).  Also, Maryland
has one Local group: Baltimore.  This leaves the Panhandle and the South-
East side of the Chesapeake with nowhere to post.  A Local Maryland
Group(1) could remedy that.

How do you feel about each of the following--?

   lugnet.loc.us.md     - Maryland, USA
   lugnet.loc.us.md.fre - Frederick, Maryland
   lugnet.loc.us.md.sal - Salisbury, Maryland
   lugnet.loc.us.md.cam - Cambridge, Maryland

(Probably don't need both Salisbury and Cambridge, since they're so close
together, but I have no idea which is more "prominent" in local terms.)

(1)  Whether there is enough people to warrant one is a completely different
question...  ;)

Better that it be there and never used than that there be a silent need
for it and it not be there, IMO.

--Todd