 Administrative / General / 12055 (-20)
  Re: Website Security Certificate

(...) I notice that some of my favourites are news.lugnet.com/xyz and others are www.lugnet.com/xyz Does this make any difference? Anyway, whatever had expired has now been renewed so the message no longer appears when I browse. Mark (20 years ago, 17-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Password reset?

(...) Yes, it is. Thanks! (20 years ago, 17-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: I have some pics that the database needs (set 310)

(...) Futted to .admin.database in case it gets missed here. ROSCO (20 years ago, 16-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.database)

  I have some pics that the database needs

(URL) Doesn't show any pics and I have some to offer, but I don't know how to upload them to there. So, I decided to make a post and allow some other person upload them for me. Here are my photos. Comes from my own collection, soon to be sold on (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Password reset?

(...) Adam, You should be all set. --Todd (20 years ago, 16-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Password reset?

(...) For now, the process is to send a note to Todd, because he has to do it. Providing a mechanism to make this easier is high on the priority list once the code freeze is at an end. If you don't get a response from Todd, mail any of the Admins (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Password reset?

How do I get my password reset? Or get an old password emailed to me? My member # 1076. Someone please help. (20 years ago, 16-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Website Security Certificate

(...) Security cert? As in SSL? But lugnet doesn't have (or support!) SSL? What URL are you getting this at? (20 years ago, 11-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Website Security Certificate

My browser tells me that the Lugnet website security certificate has expired. Mark (20 years ago, 10-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Updated, enhanced LDraw shortcut images in FTX (Re: LDraw shortcut images in FTX)

(...) DOH! I should never do color codes from memory. (...) :) Steve (20 years ago, 7-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Updated, enhanced LDraw shortcut images in FTX (Re: LDraw shortcut images in FTX)

(...) Well actually it's 272 but I'll forgive that one :) (...) Thanks for your (and Dans) work on that! The result is great! Mmmmmmmm Dark Blue.... [LDrawPart 3298:272] ROSCO (20 years ago, 6-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Updated, enhanced LDraw shortcut images in FTX (Re: LDraw shortcut images in FTX)

Can you see them now? Good. Thanks to Dan Boger for setting up a feed between the Peeron and LUGNET servers, allowing the live LDraw parts images to be shared by both sites. So now the LDrawPart tag can not display all the current LDraw parts, it (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jan-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.general, FTX) !

  Re: LUGNET not accessible due to traffic load

(...) I believe this isn't an issue of bandwidth limits, but of server load. When the server gets too busy, the CPU just doesn't keep up with all the requests, and the load goes up. And once the load hits a magic number (20, I think?) the server (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LUGNET not accessible due to traffic load

(...) I'm one but this is just me talking, not an official answer. I think the guesses are good though. (...) I have noticed it too... when Todd does, he looks into it. Lately, it usually has been spiders (webcrawlers, bots, whatever) hammering the (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  LUGNET not accessible due to traffic load

LUGNET Administrators, It seems to me that LUGNET is becoming increasingly not available due to traffic load. Is this perception wrong? If there is some truth to my perception, is there action that can be taken to reduce the dreaded unavailability (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New spotlight weights( was Re: LDraw shortcut images in FTX

(...) oh Bink I thought I left a hint for you there. Hit me up on AIM when you get a chance - I will let you know there. M *punches this back to plain textt* (20 years ago, 3-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New spotlight weights( was Re: LDraw shortcut images in FTX

(...) Not sure I see exactly what you're getting at, Mark... could you elaborate where you think there's a specific problem? Thanks, Kelly (20 years ago, 2-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: New spotlight weights( was Re: LDraw shortcut images in FTX

(...) Looks to me as they have a chance to prove you right -- right at this very moment. Did not take long in this 'new year' did it? Shall we sit back and see what, if anything happens? M (20 years ago, 2-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: New spotlight weights( was Re: LDraw shortcut images in FTX

(...) Maybe. But then abuse of the system would lead to time-outs, would it not? If the admins start to see the page leading to too much abuse, I guess maybe then would be a good time to look at removing it. (...) I don't think this is a question of (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: New spotlight weights( was Re: LDraw shortcut images in FTX

(...) My entrie (first) post was about weighting and spotlighting. Nothing in the post was outside of that context, so there was no need to assume there was any more, or different, meaning to it. And no, I did not mean I wanted to see more of any (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact