 Administrative / General / 11820 (-10)
  Re: Un-spotlight? (was: suspended Bricklink shops)

(...) Ben - I'm leaning more towards your views than Ross's. Ross's thoughts do have merit though. What if users could de-spotlight posts for their own accounts, but not globally? So, users have a choice to 'remove this post/all posts in this thread (...) (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Un-spotlight? (was: suspended Bricklink shops)

(...) Hi Rosco, I think this could end as a very bad idea which leads to a situation like censorship. If a few people think a topic is important, then I want to have the chance to get a hint to find this topic, even if some other people (in same (...) (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Un-spotlight?

(...) Perhaps Ross is suggesting something slightly different-- IE that *if* something has spotlight votes, that you can veto them, but that you can't veto non-existant spotlights (in other words you can't downvote a regular post) Of course, the (...) (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Linking loc.fr and Freelug.general lists

Hi again o all of you (...) We've been talking about it within Freelug and we think your suggestion is a very good one. Keeping appart location and clubs make sense. So may FreeLUG ask that the lugnet.org.fr.freelug be created ? :) Please let me (...) (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Un-spotlight? (was: suspended Bricklink shops)

(...) Wouldn't that be pretty much exactly like the original voting system as Todd implemented it? I liked it that way, but it created such furor that it was replaced by the current more friendly system. Chris (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Linking loc.fr and Freelug.general lists

(...) Been thinking about this a bit more and I'm thinking that the link ought to be to the (as yet non existant) lugnet.org.fr.freelug group (naturally, it would make sense that you are the curator of that as well) instead. Reason being that LUGNET (...) (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Un-spotlight? (was: suspended Bricklink shops)

(...) Now that is worth spotlighting... but not by me as I'm not a memeber. ;( Scott A (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Linking loc.fr and Freelug.general lists

Hi Larry, (...) Indeed. Only registered email can post directly. If the email is not know, it is filtered and an admin validate or not the email. Also a size control occurs, email bigger than 10KB are stopped. We'd already like to thanks you for (...) (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Un-spotlight? (was: suspended Bricklink shops)

(...) Which gets me thinking, why not also have a "un-spotlight" function? Not to remove a spot light I've previously set (which I can already do), but to subtract from the spotlights of others (subtract 100 or whatever from its points value). So if (...) (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general) !!

  Re: new LUG in San Diego

(...) No apology necessary, BTW, but thanks. (...) Ya, I saw that, and I hear you, it did seem funky but I imagine LUGOLA won't mind one or two till we get this straightened around. Shouldn't be TOO long. Sorry for the delay. As of right now only (...) (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact