 Administrative / General / 1162
  Re: Lugnet clone handling? (was: Re: LEGO clone auction)

(...) You are SO right on with that observation Christopher! But I think that *all* of us feel this way to some extent. Sure, we joke about it, but seriously: what is it about Lego that is _so_ completely different than any other toy, and I mean (...) (26 years ago, 24-Mar-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet clone handling? (was: Re: LEGO clone auction)

(...) Hmm...sounds like a condition that aging, has-been rockers have....have you seen some of the VH1 "Where Are They Now?" episodes? (...) I've noticed this too. I like to think the aversion comes from legitimate concerns about quality - but (...) (26 years ago, 24-Mar-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet clone handling? (was: Re: LEGO clone auction)

Oh, btw, I was going to make a point in this debate :) but forgot - what happens if someone holds either a set or brick auction that includes clone brands? -- Thomas Main main@appstate.edu (...) (26 years ago, 24-Mar-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet clone handling? (was: Re: LEGO clone auction)

(...) Lego::MegaBloks Filet Mignon::Steak-ums (26 years ago, 24-Mar-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet clone handling? (was: Re: LEGO clone auction)

(...) See my review of Mega Bloks in lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, they are definitely of lower quality than Lego. I came in somewhat skeptical off the aversion to MB. Now I'm almost a believer (in Lego purity). The Creature Seekers Naval Command (...) (26 years ago, 24-Mar-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet clone handling? (was: Re: LEGO clone auction)

LOL I have had that *same* idea, although mine was much more limited to producing specialty pieces for trains, such as larger wheels, drivers, prototypical doors, windows, engine noses, etc. The secret IMO for these clone companies is to *not* try (...) (26 years ago, 25-Mar-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Lugnet clone handling? (was: Re: LEGO clone auction)

(...) Macs::Windows? Oh no - let's not go there.... Actually the Lego/Apple comparison is not that far off. Both have intense user loyalty; both (well Apple until recently) have very screwed up marketing practices. It is sad to go into store after (...) (26 years ago, 25-Mar-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet clone handling? (was: Re: LEGO clone auction)

(...) Ahh, excellent question. --Todd (26 years ago, 26-Mar-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet clone handling? (was: Re: LEGO clone auction)

(...) Only LEGO® is LEGO. :) But seriously, I think it's a very difficult thing to put in logical terms. Being human, it's a lot of emotion for people. And brand loyalty and all that. Certainly, comparing LEGO with Lincoln Logs®, or LEGO with Tinker (...) (26 years ago, 28-Mar-99, to lugnet.admin.general)