 Administrative / General / 11474
11473  |  11475
Subject:
More old LUGNET homepage prototypes discovered
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 05:27:16 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Whoa, I’d totally forgotten about these... These are a few prototypes from the last LUGNET homepage makeover process, which was May to August of 2000. As you can see it was somewhat iterative.

I’m throwing these out here as food for thought. For example I am really still fond of the national flags. Do you like flags? I can’t remember why the didn’t make the final cut.

What I find most amusing about each of these, anyway, is that they all actually function as alternative homepages... I was shocked upon viewing to see current actual stories listed there.
I think the last one is essentially what we chose for the homepage in August 2000. Dang, I’m really font of #3c now (except for the demode vignetting in the photo at the right). Oh well. A bit of history unveiled. Enjoy.

--Todd