 Administrative / General / 11495
Re: More old LUGNET homepage prototypes discovered
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 17:54:43 GMT

I like the blue headers on the #3 pages:
http://www.lugnet.com/temp/old/hpmakeover3/

Having solid colors across the page on the top gives the site a solid feel. The
blue shades are inviting and friendly, and the flags are awesome (they also make
the site inviting and freindly) !

I also like organization of the different areas of LUGNET. Sorta like this page:
http://www.lugnet.com/temp/old/hpmakeover4/

You have a yellow menu area for all the major parts of LUGNET, and some of the
other stuff is sectioned by the light gray background down the middle.

I think it's easier to understand if LUGNET's major sections are shown in their
own areas, perhaps highlighted by a light background color. For example, the
list of newsgroup shortcuts and top stories could be in one section together.
The welcome and general information could be together in another section with a
white background. BTW, I like the extended descriptions of what LUGNET is and
what it's for on the #3 pages.

Just my 2¢

-TJ