 Administrative / General / 11261
11260  |  11262
Subject:
curatorship and curatorship attributes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 22:41:17 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.org.scibrick, Joe Meno wrote:

As for this thread, it would be a good idea to remove it. Felix has sent a note
to Todd to change SciBrick curatorship to me, but I haven't got any notes on
that.

Joe:

If you want, you can also send notes to Frank or myself, we can change
curatorships too. A note from Felix (copying you) at this point would clearly
document the desired transition.

The way your post reads, it could be leaving the impression that you believe
there is a connection between post cancellation and curatorship.

If that's not a false impression, (and I apologise if it is) you should remember
that LUGNET is not a moderated system. For an entire thread to go away,
*everyone* in the thread needs to explicitly ask that their posts be cancelled.
Being curator of a group does not give you any power to edit or moderate
posts... merely a bully pulpit to try to influence your community in a positive
way.

Xpost admin.curators and admin.general, XFUT curators