 Organizations / SciBrick / 90
Re: Request for membership cancellation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.scibrick
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 20:32:54 GMT

In lugnet.org.scibrick, Paul Hartzog wrote:
In lugnet.org.scibrick, Anthony Sava wrote:
However, recently I sat down and read the rules and policies of SciBrick, and
I'm afraid I could not disagree with them more.  I feel they are far too anal
retentive, elitist and stifling to any sort of creativity.

You need to clarify when you make a blanket statement like that.  What
specifically do you have a problem with and why?  You opinions are valuable both
to scibrick and to the AFOL community in general, so please share them.

Meanwhile,
First rule is to take up any issues with those concerned.  Have you talked to
any scibrickers about this?  Why did you post it here?

-Paul

My reasons are my own, which I have already shared with Joe Meno, whom has
contacted me via email, and Mark Sandlin, through said email.  I did indeed talk
to a SciBricker or two before and after I made my decision, and though my stance
on the rules have since changed slightly after some clarification, I am still
firm in my choice.

I posted my decision here because I felt I should address all of SciBrick as a
whole, and not just one or two.  I felt that if I were to be leaving I owed it
to the group to let them know directly from me.  I gave a glimpse at my reasons
for leaving so as not to give people the impression that I was unhappy with
someone or something that I was not.

But as I said, I did not want this up for discussion, and as such I will not
further discuss my reasons here publically lest this turn into a Anthony-bashing
thread.  The last thing we need in Lugnet is more noise.

If you would like to further discuss this, feel free to contact Joe or Mark and
if they see fit they can share my email with you.  If Joe or Mark wish to
discuss this publically, I welcome them to do so, however I would not be
participating.

--Anthony