 Administrative / General / 11250 (-20)
  Re: Travis Kunce Memorial Award

I jumped the gun in posting this to LUGNET could the admin in charge please cancel the message prior to this one. Sorry for the missunderstanding. Eric K. (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New subgroup for .org.it.itlug

(...) Consiglierei di aggiungere nel sito di ItLug, sotto al link "gruppo di discussione" anche quello "mercatino" (quando ovviamente sarà disponibile la pagina "lugnet.org.it.itlug.market"). In più proporrei di inserire un contatore di visitatori (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.it.itlug)

  Re: New subgroup for .org.it.itlug

(...) Sono poco presente ma mi associao anch'io all'idea. Così scopriro qualcuno a me più vicino. dex (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.it.itlug)

  Re: New subgroup for .org.it.itlug

(...) lugnet.org.it.itlug.market "market" is commonly used in Italy, and it's shorter :-) Thanks Mario (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.it.itlug)

  Re: New subgroup for .org.it.itlug

(...) Which do you prefer for the name of the newsgroup? lugnet.org.it.itlug.market or lugnet.org.it.itlug.mercatino? --Todd (21 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.it.itlug)

  Re: ghost posts

(...) In the end, I got just a shade over 11,000. Jennifer (21 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: ghost posts

(...) That sheds a little light on the subject. I was wondering what was going on. I was trying to figure out if it was just bad dates in the emails I was getting, but when I read the posts and threads they made sense in the time context of their (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: ghost posts

(...) So far, my mailbox has 8200 messages in it, and still counting. My Sidekick couldn't keep up. Jennifer (21 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New subgroup for .org.it.itlug

(...) Thanks! I would copy the charter of .market with a minor modification to limit the usage to ItLUG members: "Virtual marketplace where ItLUG members can buy/sell/trade/auction LEGO® items." Italian translation: "Mercatino virtuale dove membri (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.it.itlug)

  Re: New subgroup for .org.it.itlug

(...) Absolutely -- yes. Tell me what you want the newsgroup charter to say, and I'll set it up. --Todd (21 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.it.itlug)

  Re: ghost posts

(...) Oh my, that's no good. Hmm, the file that tracks per-group article counts for outgoing email seems to have gone wrong -- it was actually empty, which caused it to start emailing everything out again from scratch (back to 1998, or whatever was (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.off-topic.test, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New subgroup for .org.it.itlug

(...) That would work. However, a sub ng would help in keeping the trade posts separated from the rest of our traffic. The benefit is that those not interested in the trades can easily ignore them, and also that the annoucements have better (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New newsgroup for Bricklords?

(...) yours... (...) I did, and I did. P4 2.8GHZ w/ hyperthreading and 512MB DDR DSL at home / 1.7Mbps cable at work I don't think the computer is the problem. .Trains isn't as bogged as .Space. Oh, the mod? Nothing fancy on the new laptop. Just (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: News posting confirmation delay

Pedro Silva wrote in message ... (...) long (...) that (...) taking (...) if (...) Mine took about 10 days, a few months ago. I don't know if it's automated or manual, and whether manual inspection is causing the delays, or what. Kevin ---...--- (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jan-04, to lugnet.loc.pt, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New subgroup for .org.it.itlug

(...) I believe it is possible, similar things have been done before. Todd has to do the setup. An alternative, which I think the Aussies pursued, was to get the charter for their group changed to allow trade talk. ++Lar (21 years ago, 8-Jan-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  News posting confirmation delay

Hello, It has come to my knowlegde that a number of people is experiencing rather long delays in their e-mail confirmation for the posting ability; I remember that when I aplied for this (in 2001), it took about 24 hours, but it is now taking over 3 (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jan-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  New subgroup for .org.it.itlug

Hi all I know that LUGNET is pretty much rigid about where buy-sell-trade announcements can be posted, and I totally agree with this policy. However, ItLUG would like to have its own commercial subgroup, something like lugnet.org.it.itlug.market. (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jan-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New newsgroup for Bricklords?

(...) In my view, to split a group there has to be a natural compartmentalization and a strong likelyhood that topics won't wander back and forth a lot, defeating the categorization. Trains.org got split out already (and threads there nevertheless (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jan-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: New newsgroup for Bricklords?

(...) like (...) I wish we could split .space and .train. Those 2 groups (maybe more, but I don't follow them) just seem to have 100's of posts per month... And it bogs down my nntp. Rob (21 years ago, 7-Jan-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: New newsgroup for Bricklords?

(...) I don't either, I just had to say that. :) (...) Personally I do think it will be sustained. If Denis continues the great work producing new levels, new monsters, new weapons, new features etc, there will always be something to talk about. I (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jan-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.gaming)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact