 Administrative / General / 11243
Re: ghost posts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 11 Jan 2004 09:20:41 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.test, Todd Lehman wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.test, Maggie Cambron wrote:
So i'm getting posts from as far back as 1999 in my email.  bet this
doesn't work though

Oh my, that's no good.  Hmm, the file that tracks per-group article
counts for outgoing email seems to have gone wrong -- it was actually
empty, which caused it to start emailing everything out again from
scratch (back to 1998, or whatever was the first message in each group).  I've
restored it from a recent backup, and the duplicates should stop
soon.

I think this is what prevented indexing of new NNTP articles -- it was
busy (re)mailing out every article that had ever been posted (to people
subscribed to news by mail).

So far, my mailbox has 8200 messages in it, and still counting.  My Sidekick
couldn't keep up.

Jennifer