 Administrative / General / 10710
  Have the admins gone AWOL?

I'm getting concerned about the lack of response from anyone official regarding the open mail relay issue. Add to this the lack of updates to the database from recent requests (I supplied full info for a new set weeks ago, with offers of box scans (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Have the admins gone AWOL?

(...) Yes. I believe several people who have offical standing are aware of the open relay problem and how serious it is and are trying to address it. It is not my place to give details of communications I may or may not have had without permission, (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Have the admins gone AWOL?

(...) We're working to correct this problem. It is not my place, however, to elaborate on this. (...) Work is being done on the database on almost a daily basis. We don't always get to things in any particular order, but eventually, all updates will (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Have the admins gone AWOL?

(...) Thats good to hear, but is there a way you can elobarate on this? Take my post from 4 months ago... (URL) there things we can do to help out? I thought the info I gave ther was what was needed, but with its lack of addition I am not sure. I (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Have the admins gone AWOL?

(...) Ok, I just added this one. We should probably make it better known that db@lugnet.com is the best way to submit requests for data base updates. One thing for me is that it's easier to keep track of these. I've got a bunch of stuff I will be (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: Have the admins gone AWOL?

(...) Frank, what exactly is it that you are in charge of? Who is in charge of updates for the sidebars of particular sub-newsgroups? -- Hop-Frog (21 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: Have the admins gone AWOL?

(...) Frank is one of the Guide Admins. (...) (URL) Dan Boger dan@peeron.com (21 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: Have the admins gone AWOL?

(...) to provoke a flurry of correction posts, mind you). for example, I have trains.org as well as trains, and I also have off-topic.geek and off-topic.fun (21 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: Have the admins gone AWOL?

In lugnet.admin.general, Mark D. McKean writes: [...] (...) Hi!! I haven't gone away. But I *am* deeply involved in a number of things, other than LEGO, right now that have sapped my energy and attention. I don't know how long it'll be before I'm (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: Have the admins gone AWOL?

(...) <snip> Who are you again? I mean, I see that nifty logo beside your name but I can't quite recollect who you are... (strokes chin thoughtfully...) (pause) Hi Suz!! :) Glad married life is finding you well, albeit a little busy! All the best, (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: Have the admins gone AWOL?

I want one! :P -Rob "Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:H98FrM.HKF@lugnet.com... (...) someone (...) sub-newsgroups? (...) trying (...) off-topic.fun (21 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.database)