 Administrative / General / 10554
Re: Meta-polling (was: Polls as propaganda devices.)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 23:02:11 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Frank Filz writes:
x I understand the question but dislike the way it is phrased
x The question seems biased toward a particular outcome
x The choices seem biased toward a particular outcome
x (other)

One worry is that too many choices are presented here.
I wonder if the last three before "other" could be a single choice.

I think the top two of the last three definitely could.

Regarding the very last non-other choice, aren't there cases, though, where
the question is phrased perfectly but the choices are biased?  Or in those
cases, is it always also the case that a needed choice is absent?

And it would only display these as applicable.

Are any choices other than the 1st only applicable to particular
mechanical types of polls?

oh, no, sorry, I just meant that it didn't have to display all the answers
to the meta-poll -- only the ones that had nonzero tallies.

--Todd