 Administrative / General / 10110 (-10)
  Re: While we're on a kick of appropriate posting...

(...) Not true...I've only used Brickbay once (a very good experience, I've just not needed anything else)...I never go there normally. I happen to think that the issue is important to the community in general (no pun intended), so I added .general (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

Matthew Gerber wrote in message ... (...) community (...) Nope, it's only of interest to people who buy Lego off Brickbay. Not everyone does, and even if they did, the appropriate area for the discussion is in the .market heirarchy or on the (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: While we're on a kick of appropriate posting...

(...) Or is that (now moved...again) thread of "general" interest to the community at large? A lot like the .announce argument (now mostly solved), .general reaches a broad audience, and is a good starting place to get to a large number of folks and (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  While we're on a kick of appropriate posting...

Is anyone else as bothered by me about lugnet.general appearing to be used as a "I'm not a Compartmentalized Dork so I'm going to not use appropriate newsgroups" place? We've got a raging discussion about use of "bay" going on, plus just so many (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: .market Curators

(...) Or would directing this stuff to the right group help a bit? Matt FUT lugnet.admin.curators 8?) (23 years ago, 26-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)

(...) I understand that each subcommunity is different. I'm not for strict adherence to the exact same set-in-stone standards for every obscure group on LUGNET. At the same time, each group should be mature and good-natured enough to practice (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: .market Curators

(...) Well, even though I volunteered publicly, and even though I think you'd make a fine curator for either or both group hierarchies, I'm thinking now, on second thought that it may be more appropriate to send notes to the Admins (for volunteering (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  .market Curators

(...) to (...) I would be willing to be curator for a few .market groups. When I read Lugnet daily, the first places I always look are the .market groups. I am very comfortable there and I think I have a very good perspective of what is needed and (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)

(...) I can't think of a single currently active participant who remotely seems to go out of his or her way to police newsgroups. And the only person I can think of at all who may have had the appearance of policing was just trying to be helpful. (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)

(...) Me either. As I said in my first email to David (perhaps using a not very good analogy didn't make that point very clear, admittedly). (...) Me too, me either. (...) I did but it didn't address that point. I may have been unclear but as I said (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact