 Administrative / Financial / 81
Re: Marketplace / BrickShops was:[Charter Change for market.buy-sell-trade]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.finance
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 12:06:58 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Suzanne D. Rich writes:

<snip>

I think in advertising the rule is, whatever your ad-buyers want to
pay for is just fine, as long as it isn't offensive or fraudulent or
something.  Also, if you exercise too much editorial control you may
be at risk for some liability in case of fraud or other bad things
happening.  IANAL however.

I'd certainly want to keep my nose out of anything like censoring content,
if that's what you mean. I'd want as few rules as possible.

Make sure you have a clause that you can refuse to provide the service for
anyone for any reason. A kind of CYA statement, so if things were to get out
of control you can get rid of an advertiser.

Jude