 Administrative / Database / 513
512  |  514
Subject:
Unique keys for sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Mon, 27 Dec 1999 06:33:52 GMT

Would it possible and reasonable to add a unique key to the Pause
database setlists?

In effect, to add another column to:
http://www.lugnet.com/paulse/setlists/bynumber.txt
and the related lists.

I've got a fairly hairy spreadsheet that I use to keep track of my
sets.  I use the Pause database as a driver for a lot of the data
in it.  Of course, doing this requires some type of unique key
algorithm.  I've got my own for this spreadsheet, which I generate
by running the list through a perl script, but I'd just as soon use
the same key that LUGNET does.

I've finally got some time away from work and I'd like to send in
updates for the Pause database... before doing that, I'm merging in
the lastest db, and rather than continue to use my own weird unique
keys I thought I'd suggest this.  No doubt others run into this
constantly.

  -r'm